Lifestyle Homes, Inc. Awarded Prestigious GOLD LEED® Green Building Certification
4/13/15 (Lisle, IL) – Lifestyle Homes, Inc. announced today that it has been awarded LEED® Gold Certification for the Lisle Eco House. The LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
This project is the first to receive LEED certification in the Village of Lisle (where it is located), as well as for the surrounding communities of Downers Grove, Wheaton, Hinsdale, Westmont, Oak Brook, Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Warrenville, and Woodridge.
“Lifestyle Homes, Inc.’s LEED certification demonstrates tremendous green building leadership,” said Rick Fedrizzi, CEO and founding chair, USGBC. “The urgency of USGBC’s mission has challenged the industry to move faster and reach further than ever before, and Lifestyle Homes serves as a prime example of just how much we can accomplish.”
Lifestyle Homes, Inc. achieved LEED certification for implementing practical and measurable strategies and solutions aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy and efficiency, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, location and linkages, and innovation in design.
- Three Mind-Blowing Kane County Homes Featured July 25-26 in Prestigious GreenBuilt Tour
-Kane County Connects, July 21, 2015.
- 2015 GreenBuilt Home Tour to Showcase Eco-friendly Building Practices
-Chicago Tribune, July 16, 2015. PDF
- Tour to Feature Net-zero Energy Homes, Tools and Tips for Homeowners
– Daily Herald, July 21, 2015. PDF
- Appeal of Eco-friendly Homes Grows in Illinois
-Chicago Tribune, July 26, 2014. PDF
- Lifestyle Homes Achieves LEED Gold Status
-April 7, 2014. PDF
- Lifestyle Home, Inc. Designated a Top 10 Business Prime Buyer’s Report
-October 16, 2015. PDF
- A Study in Red: A New Home in Lisle Recalls Arts and Crafts Movement
-Chicago Sun-Times, July 26, 1998. PDF
Go to The Prime Buyer’s Report.
- The Prime Buyers Report’s recorded past client’s testimonials can be found at http://www.primebuyersreport.org/il/dupage-county-il-general-contractors/lifestyle-homes-inc/profile.html.
- “We are very pleased with the quality and timeliness of the work you have done. We are also very happy with your design and your attention to detail. I believe that you have succeeded in capturing our lifestyle and in alleviating all of our current (and hopefully future) space problems.”
– Mr. & Mrs. Schumann
- “It is hard to believe that our cold and dreary basement is now some of the nicest living space in our home! On every occasion, you have met or exceed our expectations. I’m sure that you hear this a lot, but you are really good at what you do. Should you ever need a recommendation or if you would ever like to showcase your work, just give us a call.”
– Mr. & Mrs. Martin
- “Lifestyle Homes remodeled our kitchen and performed numerous improvements on our home in 2012. The process was driven with great thoughtfulness to the practicality of our needs and budget. Mia helped us understand and anticipate what future needs and considerations we should incorporate resulting in a fabulous and functional workspace.”
– Renovation Client
- “Lifestyle Homes has done an excellent job balancing attainable custom home design and construction with true sustainable building. Quality is a word many builders like to use to describe their practices, but Lifestyle Homes backs it up by undergoing rigorous third-party testing that proves their homes are built better than code and actually meets LEED standards, which focus on creating durable, healthy, and energy efficient homes. By doing so they demonstrate a commitment to true quality homes that are sustainable and have low costs of ownership.”
– Eco Achievers
- “Lifestyle Homes provides detailed attention to how you will live in your home. While many contractors build quality homes, Mia and her team also demonstrate unique skill in anticipating and filling in the gaps between the structural quality and integrity shown on your blueprint and the level of detail necessary to turn your two-dimensional house into a three-dimensional home. Lifestyle Homes builds energy efficient homes that feel the same inside whether it’s a temperate day or winter winds rage outside. They leverage sustainable building materials and maximize energy performance, but the team’s greatest skill is building as if a family member will be the occupant.“
-Mr. & Mrs. Kelly
- “Lifestyle Homes brings quality, innovation, and artistry to new construction and remodeling. We are pleased with the attention to detail, the help in the selection processes and in providing vision beyond what we could imagine. There is a focus on quality, natural materials and construction that impart a very good feeling in our home environment. Our Kitchen and Master Bath renovations are superb!”
– Renovation Client